Friday, January 24, 2014

Food Friday: Lasagna Bolognese

This is hands down the best lasagna I’ve ever made. It’s also the best lasagna I’ve ever eaten. It’s that good. 

It’s rich, creamy, meaty, hearty, cheesy — everything you want in a lasagna :)





The only thing that keeps me from making & eating this regularly (besides the health factor) is that it’s a time-consuming dinner. The bolognese, or meat sauce, needs to cook for an hour, and the béchamel sauce (made of butter, flour, milk and cream) needs constant stirring until it thickens. So it’s a dish that’s best for special occasions or when you don’t need dinner in a hurry. 

Usually when I make this, I double the recipe and stick one batch in the freezer. It freezes pretty well. 

A few changes I made to the recipe, which was scanned and emailed from my mom (luckily I found a pdf version online here), in the bolognese sauce I have tried with canned diced tomatoes, drained, to equal 2 cups, instead of fresh tomatoes. I also use no-boil lasagna noodles, which is a huge time saver. 


You can find the full recipe for Lasagna Bolognese here. It's best served with a big glass of your favorite wine and a simple salad!

You won’t be sorry if you try this recipe, I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Comments make us happy! :)